Balto Mountain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Balto Mountain

A Site For Balto fans

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Balto's journey

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Firefoxwolffie

Firefoxwolffie

Balto's journey Empty
PostSubject: Balto's journey   Balto's journey Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:00 am

it was just another cold day in Nome Alaska. Everything was as it had been for several years except on this night a blizzard was blowing in Nome. Everyone of the town was inside trying to keep warm. It was the 3rd night of the blizzard and on the outskirts of town a shipwreaked boat was recieving a brutal beating by the blizzard. By the looks of the boat you wouldnt expect anyone to make it their home but alas someone whas in the boat. under a thin blanket trying to get warm. Balto was curled up and dreadfully hungary. Ever since the blizzard had hit Balto had had to stay inside the boat under his thin blanket. Only thing for warmth. Balto was wondering when the blizzard was going to let up. Even if it did soon balto knew there would be no hope for food. His quickest way of getting anyfood was to wait until the blizzard had let up and the people of Norme returned to their daily lives. Balto was alone in the world. Every time he went into town a pack of vicious dogs ganged up on him and on more than one occasion he had only just escaped. Whenever Balto would recieve one of these beatings he had one safe place and that was where he always ran too. The boat that he know lay curled up on. Balto had no friends. Who cared about a stray half wolf? Norme had plenty of dogs and When balto had first come to Norme he had tried to make some friends but they found out he was a half wolf and chased him out of town and told him never to return. Balto had no other means of food so he had to sneak into town find food and try to get out before the other dogs found him. Most of the town dogs just wanted to keep him out of their town and would only hurt him enought to send him back to the boat. But one dog in perticular had it in for Balto. Ever since he had laied eyes on balto he had wanted Balto not out of the town but dead. Balto had had to learn to use the allys, and never the main streets. The dogs mainly kept to the main roads when ever they were out so balto had to learn to live in this brutal way. Balto had no reason for wanting to live and he was wishing he would just die. He hated living this way. But Balto had no idea what he was about to discover when he snuck into town the day after the blizzard had let up.

Knowing there was probably no chance of getting any food that day balto still got up and snuck cautiously into town. He hadnt eaten in 5 days and was ready to eat anything that was edible. He looked around hoping against hope to spot some food. Balto climbed around the town until he was outside a butchers shop. Balto walked slowly around back with his eyes closed whispering to himself "please let there be food" The butcher always dumped the scraps of meat in the back and even threw out meat that had touched the floor. Balto turned a corner then stopped. Keeping his eyes closed. Finally he opened them and balto saw a huge pile of meat that balto supposed had accumulated during the blizard. Balto gave a happy bark then punced onto the meat. Balto ate every last piece before straightening up feeling full for the first time in years. Balto smiled at his luck and snuck threw the alleys until he was ontop of a building. He had found the way to get up there pretty easily and from where balto sat he could see the boat that was his home on his left and the town of Norme on his right. Balto smiled feeling that finally something cheerfull had happened in his life. Balto sat on the roof for several minutes admiring the view and best of all none of the town dogs could bother him up here. Balto was able to climb things the other dogs couldnt. Balto was looking at the horizon when he heard a door open then close shut and a dog bark happily. Balto looked down at the house right infront of where he sat. Balto crouched so as not to be seen. He saw down below him a dark red and white furred dog. The most beautiful dog balto had ever seen and he couldnt stop staring at her for several minutes until she started to sniff the air as the wind blew. Balto watched her until he saw her look up to where he sat and knew she was looking at him. Balto started to climb down but the dog only started to cower in fear and take several steps back.
"dont worry im not-" Balto said but the dog took off running away from him. Why did he scare her so much? Balto watched her run away from him then he turned and walked back to his boat. He lay down under the blanket and frowned. If only she hadn't ran from him he might now be speaking to her. She was extremly pretty. Balto curled up and fell asleep. Balto woke up in the middle of the night and went around town glad he could for once walk threw the streets without worrying about some dog coming along and beating on him. He lay on the lawn in front of the house he had seen the new dog come out of and he was just dozing off staring at the house when he realized he couldnt sleep in some yard in this town. He'd wake up dead. But then again would that really be such a bad thing. If he could die he could be with his parents again. He hadnt seen either of them since he was a pup. Balto stood up and was walking out of the yard when the door opened and the dog walked out. Balto slowed slightly shocked that she was up this late and hoping she would see him. He couldnt be all that scary looking. The dog did see him. She watched him for several minutes before she walked around to the back of the house and balto sighed. Maybe she just didnt have any interest in a dog like him. But then he thought "yea i really made quite an impression on her" and shook his head. He crawled back onto the boat and fell asleep.
When balto woke up the next morning he stretched and yawned then snuck into town. "this new dog is going to be the death of me" balto said quietly to himself. He snuck around and climbed up on the roof of the building where he had first seen the dog. He had to wait for sometime before she came out. balto watched her for a minute then started to climb down. balto was almost off the building when he slipped. Balto fell to the ground and it was lucky he hadn't been to far up. He stood up then as he was making his way out of town the dog jumped out in front of him.
"hi" Balto said
"why are you following me?" She asked
"im not" Balto said
"then why do i see you everytime i walk outside?" She asked
"er.." Balto said. He couldnt tell her why exactly she always did. Every other dog hated him for the real reason.
"just stop following me ok" she said and started on her way down the street. Balto watched her go. She obviously had no interest in him after that. He frowned and started on his was out of town. He was almost to his boat when he heard a scream. Balto jumped then looked back to the town. He saw several dogs chasing one. Balto could make out the dog that was being chased as the new dog. Balto took off and saw the dog turn into an ally. "oh no" Balto said to himself. He knew that that perticular ally was a dead end. Then he recognized the dogs chasing her. They were Steele and his gang. Steele was the one dog in Norme that wanted him dead. Balto climbed around until he was on the fence that made the dead end. Balto watched Steele and his gang close in on the new dog then jumped down infront of her and growled at Steele showing his teeth.
"look who's here now" Steele said laughing. "you couldnt beat us before and you cant beat us now" He said still laughing
"yea well we'll see about that" Balto said and the dogs pounced on each other. Balto put up a good struggle before he had taken out the dogs and it was just Steele left.
"leave her alone" balto said and steele laughed
"im not taking orders from a half wolf" He said then without warning lunged at balto's throut but balto moved and instead Steele got balto's shoulder. Balto went for Steele's throat but steele moved and balto missed. Steele laughed then said "your tougher than i thought you were half wolf ill give you that" Balto made another attempt for steele's throat and this time steele had been distracted by his laughing. Balto held Steele that way until steele's legs gave out then he let go and said "now go away and leave her alone" Steele ran from balto. Balto watched him go before he turned to the dog behind him. She was staring at him and balto said "are you ok?"
"Yea" She said
Balto took one step towards her and felt a pain in his shoulder that made his leg give out. He stood back up. He had forgotten about how steele had gotten him in the shoulder.
"are you ok?" She asked him looking him over
"yea" balto said
"where did you come from?" She asked
"i know this town better than anyone else so i found a way" balto said then sat down. The dog walked up to him and said "im sorry about earlier i thought you were a stalker"
"its ok" Balto said
"my name is Jenna by the way" She said
"im Balto" Balto said and she looked at him and said "are you sure you can walk that bite looks nasty"
"yea" Balto said taking a step to prove to her he could.
"do you think you could walk me back home?" Jenna asked "im afraid that those dogs will come after me again"
"sure" balto said and started out of the ally. Jenna walked beside him looking at him occasionaly.
"you must be new here right? Balto asked Jenna.
"yea we moved here just before that blizzard came in" Jenna said
Balto wished that the rode they were on would never go to her house. wished it would just keep going and they could keep talking. This was the first time she had acctualy said anything to him without running from him. But they arrived at Jenna's house after only a few short minutes.
"ill see you later balto and thanks for saving me" Jenna said then went into the house. Balto watched the house for a few seconds then a smile crept over his face. She didnt hate him. She had acctually said she would see him later. Balto went back to the boat and sat down. Balto didnt care if all he had was a shipwreaked boat and a thin blanket just then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Baltochat-fan.fourmakers.com

Balto's journey
Page 1 of 1